Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I need to find owners manual for a 2004 fleetwood 250rks.

Customer Question

I need to find owners manual for a 2004 fleetwood terry 250rks. The trouble I am having is when hooked up to extenal power. Everything still runs off of battery until it is dead. I heard that it is possibly my converter but have no idea where it is or how to replace.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

Finding an owners manual is going to be very difficult and from my experience they do not tell location. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR it will plug into an outlet, they are called deck mounts or stand alone converters, sometimes they are under the fridge, stove or behind the breaker panel, sometimes they are outside in the area of the battery, a clue would be if you see a vent on a panel, they do that for air flow. Also I would look near the battery for a shortstop style breaker or fuse, many times on the charge line they will use one. Below is a picture of the breaker, most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip, some are thermal and self reset. As a general rule they like to stick that 18" from the battery and can be on the frame, if you see any you should have voltage to chassis ground on each posts. Also on the stand alone style converter most will have two fuses on them.

IF you can tell me what the breaker panel says, make and model I should be able to tell if that breaker/fuse panel is part of the converter....

Hope this helps some... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert