Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Question about how my Roadtrek Zion 2016 generator works.

Customer Question

Question about how my Roadtrek Zion 2016 generator works. Once the battery goes down how does the generate kick on?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Do you mean the panel area where check the battery percentage.? Leak?
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Zion
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do not need fix. Just trying to figure out how under hood generator works. When does it come on ? I am use to older generator that had a switch to turn on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No just general questions. Like do you need to crank the engine to have the generator kick on?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The GU is a brand new animal and Road Trek produced a video about it, click HERE to view..... Hope this helps some....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....