peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Trying to figure out how to hook up batteries correctly, not

Customer Question

trying to figure out how to hook up batteries correctly
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: not leaking and they have plenty of juice but they were hooked up parallel adn would drain batteries i want to isolate starter batt
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1997 Majestic 454 class a
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i seperated the batteries and put on the existinf batt isolator but batterries still drain in one hor hour
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

You may have to purchase a battery disconnect device from a local parts store that connects to your battery and your battery positive or negative cable connects to it.Then you can turn it off and on to disable and enable a battery you want to keep fresh.If this is not an option or was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete