gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We are having slide out problems and cannot find the slide

Customer Question

We are having slide out problems and cannot find the slide out controller on our Class A motorhome
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: it isn't a car??
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2006 Newmar Kountry Star
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ...... we have checked all the wiring and fuses and done research and the last thing we need to check is the slide out controller but we cannot find it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay what do you need to know?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Is this slide all electric or hydraulic and the who made the hardware if you know? Some companies make more than one version. Is the motor or pump making any noise at all when you try to move the room?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is all electric and made by intellitec. No noise. The voice changes speeds when we push the button or there is no voice at all.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The controller is made by Intellitec? What "voice" are you talking about? Pitch of the motor? Please explain.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the voice that tells you to make sure that everything is clear from the slide and the locks are released
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Are you plugged into shore power and how old are the house batteries? Over 3 years old and they may be ready for some new ones. Load testing can determine this. Low on water would be an issue as they won't hold a charge. Dirty cables can do this as well. Can you attach a photo of the batteries and cables to your post so I can see what they look like?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
batteries are brand new. everything has been gone through. we just want to know where the slide out controller box is located?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I don't know on this make and model. I will opt out and let another tech offer something here. They may be busy or off for a bit due to it being Sunday. If they don't get back to you right away you might want to give a call to a mobile tech to come as assist you. Slide issues like this are hard to do because every make and model is different and they can put these controls almost anyplace.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Don't respond here or it locks me back into the question........