Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I need to put fluid in jacks, but where is the reservoir?

Customer Question

I need to put fluid in jacks , but where is the reservoir ?
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: atf
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1997 pace arrow
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: can not find the reservour
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: one jack is down about 6 inches
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Many times what you can do is run the jacks and listen for the motor the reservoir is connector to the motor and will have a round knob that you unscrew. I want to say on pace-arrow it is behind the batteries and difficult to get at, going off of memory on that. IF you have a jack that is down 6 inches you could have a bad solenoid valve or a bad seal on the jack. The fluid level should be checked with the jacks retracted as the fluid gets pushed back to the tank when the jacks retract, if one jack is down 6" then I would ensure the level in the tank is about 1" from the top, if you fill it all the way up and then that jack goes up it could push fluid out of the tank.... Hope this helps some... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert