gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 1988 p-30 chassis CLA moorhome,have an issue with a

Customer Question

I have a 1988 p-30 chassis CLA moorhome,have an issue with a hot 3post solenoid,ingition off there is power to the solenoid ,please help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the trigger wire is hot and a wire is going from the left post to the Battery with a small wire and lug ,the right post is tied to thepositiveside of Battery the solenoid body is hot causing an arch.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: My son tested it with a meter there is power to the solenoid case and the power is being drawn out of the Battery,it starts up okay and after abuot 3 days it is drawn down.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am not sure if the solenoid is wired correctly,I've gone throuhg online for a 3 post hook up and only found 4 posts solenoids,motorhome is 1988 chevy p-30.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Is this the disconnect solenoid?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Not sure if you missed my earlier response the other day? If you still need assistance and more input from me here, please let me know. Thanks!