Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2 of my 3 ac units have quit working the motors have stopped

Customer Question

2 of my 3 ac units have quit working
the motors have stopped turning
duo therm model number is *****
what should I replace them with
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Going to have a small issue with this and the last AC unit that is working... Will explain... I would install the Dometic 651815C units

You would have to upgrade the thermostat to a Comfort Control Center II and replace the control board in the older AC to work with the new thermostat, or Dometic makes a kit to convert the new AC to work with the old thermostat. The conversion kit number is(###) ###-####107..... You would need one for each AC unit... There is no direct replacement to make everything work with the older AC unit. I would call a local RV shop and get a quote and they can verify all this for you, I would also see what the labor is going to be for the install, my guess would be about 5-6 hours for two new AC units and the upgrade.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Also I know you specifically asked what to replace them with, if you like I can also send you a service manual if you would like to troubleshoot the reason they are not working. Please let me know... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, or if you still need more help.....