Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Our microwave has been dimming and slowing, and our two

Customer Question

Our microwave has been dimming and slowing, and our two shore power overhead lights flicker like mad when turned on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: two overhead lights that work off of shore power. ac power
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: '06 Keystone Challenger
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have a very good rv repairman, who spent a short amount of time, as were squeezed in on a very busy day for him..he checked the voltage at the power pole, our circuits and another cable outside...some kind of flexible electric cable
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we had storms recently...
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Have you tried and plug the microwave into an outside source with an extension cord to see what happens? OR have you tried another supply source?? Are you using any adapters or extension cords???

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Haven't tried plugging it into another source, as I have to wait for husband to get home to pull it out. No extension cords being used on major appliance...only on TV's and computers
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried using another power source that the RV is plugged into or is this at your home?? What I would do is either plug the microwave into a 110 outlet and see if it works normally or plug the shore cord into another source, it very well could be the supply source you are using so you want to try and isolate the problem, if you want to check some things out and then get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can.....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you :) I'll be waiting for hubs to get home to do all of this....I'm a bit on the disabled side. Have a great day.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good, no hurry!

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, or if you still need more help.....