Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I need to repair a water line leak in my RV. It is a 1999

Customer Question

I need to repair a water line leak in my RV. It is a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision. The trouble that I'm having is that when I try to slide the water heater out it keeps hitting/catching on the thermostat and electrical connection block that is attached to the water heater. I have tried to remove the heater by tilting it and it just won't come through the existing hole. What should I do. No other option for fixing the leak.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

What is the make of your water heater? Did you disconnect the leads in the rear of the water heater so it will come out? That has to be done here. Also the LP line needs to be taken off and capped with a 3/8" flare plug for safety. If this leak was due to freezing, the water heater may have expanded and hard to get out. Please get back to me if you need more on this and I will make a phone chat option available for you as well. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Not sure if you missed my earlier response the other day? If you still need assistance and more input from me here, please let me know. Thanks!