Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 1992 Pace Arrow 35 /W a 460 Ford on an Oshkosh

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Pace Arrow 35 /W a 460 Ford on an Oshkosh frame. i think i have a fuel pump problem, not sure
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

What are the symptoms you are having?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will turn over wont start and run. used a shot of starting fluid into the air tube and fired right off just wont stay running. took fuel filter off on frame rail turned ignition to start no fuel at fuel filter
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That can be the problem, but can you hear the pump running in the tank? If not, it might be the fuel pump relay or a fuse on that relay. Those would be two things to check IF you don't hear the pump running. IF you do hear the pump running and you have what you describe, then the pump is the most likely problem and the tank has to be lowered to get to that. Hope that helps here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do i just need to turn the key to run position to hear it? i am by myself no help. I have look through all my paperwork and cannot locate the wire diagram for fuses or relays. where can i go for that info?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You would need someone to turn the key on while you get underneath by the tank to hear the pump. I can look to see if I can find that for you, but it would be in a chassis manual for this model. Those are very helpful to have for DIY work on these.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That relay should be marked on the cover over them or in the Ford Owner's Manual that should have come with this. Most would be under the hood in front on the driver's side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am going to check if i can find be back soon
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me here?