Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 1996 Fleetwood Bounder, dual Heaters, The back

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Fleetwood Bounder, dual Heaters, The back heater will not run, I can hear the thermostat click on when I move the selector up and down. THe fron Heater runs find.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I hear the same noise on both heaters, Comming from the ECC I belive.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All worked during the winter first time I've tried turning it on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant think of anyting else
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

This can be from several things. IF the motor won't come on, then it may be the brushes are bad and the motor needs replacing or it can be that the time delay relay is bad and isn't kicking the motor on. It might also be a loose connection. This should have an outside inspection cover over the furnace and so this isn't a hard one to check if you have a small digital multimeter or 12 vDC test light. Not expensive and easy to use and I can direct you in some quick testing to sort this out. Just let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Not sure if you missed my earlier response the other day? If you still need assistance and more input from me here, please let me know. Thanks!