Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Rear slide out works but is crooked when in the out

Customer Question

rear slide out works but is crooked when in the out position, doesn't go all the way out at the top
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2014 Coachman Mirada 31 ft
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just bought it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

If the side to side is even and the top is too far inward, it needs to be adjusted. The outside of the room is usually too high. Sometimes, depending on whose hardware you have, you may not get it perfectly right on one of the sides. Either it will be good on the outside and then not on the inside or vice versa. This usually isn't a job for one person and not everyone can do this. The ajustment takes about an hour in most cases and a jack or two is very helpful. Not the best DIY project and I would get a mobile tech to come and assist you or take in into a shop and have it done. If you want to attempt this, I can give you the basics and a manual showing how it is done. Let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Not sure if you missed my earlier response the other day? If you still need assistance and more input from me here, please let me know. Thanks!