Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We have a 2006 RS Adventurous with a Dometic RM 7401 that

Customer Question

We have a 2006 RS Adventurous with a Dometic RM 7401 that went bad. From what we looked up the only one that will fit seems to be the 2354. We still want the 3 way because we dry camp a lot. The dimensions are slightly different so I want to know if it will fit and what should be done to install it.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That is a slight upcharge for this, but no limit on time or number of calls.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If it's faster this way is fine
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

The replacement for that model is an RM8501 and the door swing is not reversable so be sure which one you want. The RH version should sell fo about $1,299 or so and the LH version is about $300 more. Don't know why........just the way it is. Same size and will drop right into your existing opening. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The 8501 is not listed in the Dometic website and no where do I see where I can but one. I'm not spending $1500. The only one on the website is the 2354 and I have heard other people have had that one installed. What's the difference?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The one you recommended is set up for European electric. I need a better answer about the 2354 which I can buy here.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

It comes as a U.S. version as well. I believe the RM2354 is smaller, but you can find it for under $1,000 I suspect. What else can I tell you?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I think I made a should have been an RM8551

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to ger at least $100 back for the salvage on your old one as well. I think the value would be better maintained on your RV with the correct replacement. Just my thoughts on this.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question? If you did or still need some assistance and input from me here please get back to me. Thanks!