gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I'm a new owner of a 2005 Class C Fleetwood Jamboree motor

Customer Question

I'm a new owner of a 2005 Class C Fleetwood Jamboree motor home. It appears that I have flipped the breaker (s) or blown the fuse (s) for the AC unit and the microwave. They were operational when I first got the RV last month, but both appliances stopped working on a trip last week. I located the breakers and fuses in the RV , and there did not appear to be a problem there. Does the AC unit and the microwave have separate fuses or breakers somewhere else that I can check? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks,
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I have located the one inside the unit on the floor underneath the couch bed. But I'm not sure where to locate the other one.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if it is just a matter of locating a 2nd panel and checking those breakers/ fuses.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I can't think of anything else at this point.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Are you plugged into a 30 amp rated or a 50 amp rated service and any adapter being used on the cord? Batteries full of water and less than 3 years old?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

And can you give me the make and model of your load center where all the fuses and breakers are? Most of these were made by Magnetek or WFCO. That would help me direct you better. The AC is powered by 12 VAC unless it has direct ceiling controls........hence the battery question.