Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. It has a 400 HP

Customer Question

My name is Warren. I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. It has a 400 HP Cummins. 60 K miles. When the engine reaches 204 degrees buzzers go off. The gauge reads jut past 3/4 mark. It has been tested and thermostats changed but we still beep. Cummins says it must be on the OM side vs the EM side. According to Cummins it is not overheating. Help.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes no problems, flushed and checked
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not me personally but I don't know who could.. Dealer failed yrs ago.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Fresh oil change and fluids because we replaced thermostat again. 3 weeks ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

HI my name is Robert...

Sounds like you have a faulty sensor or the dash gauge is at fault, 204 is not that hot and should not make the alarm go off so I have to agree with Cummins that it is not overheating which means a bad sensor or dash gauge. I do know the sensor has to match the gauge many times the RV builder or HR will install the gauge and possibly the sensor that reads the temp. IF I was in your position I might have a HR dealer take a look at this OR contact them direct they do have a technical support department for owners and to obtain parts, might want to ask them for a new sensor and gauge to see if that takes care of the issue, below is the contact information...... I would think 3/4 it should be hotter then 204..... Hope this helps... Robert

Parts, Service & Technical Support(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....