Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a brand new Jayco .It has a new battery installed by

Customer Question

I have a brand new Jayco .It has a new battery installed by RV dealer. When connected to electricity everything works great! When disconnected I got nothing. No powered jack, no lights, nothing. The battery shows 100 % on charger.We have checked the converter the fuses the switches. Everything looks good. We have been looking for a fuse, a junction box near the battery, or a switch. We have checked the connections for the battery also. The coach has an enclosed bottom so can't see anything there either. We have contacted the dealer (2 hours away). Not getting any answers..make an appointment and bring it back.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Look near the battery for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. IF you see any at all make sure you have voltage on each post to chassis ground. Most will have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when it trips. I would also make sure the polarity of the battery is correct if they just installed the battery, most volt meters will give you a minus symbol if the cables are hooked up wrong. The only other thing I can think of is if your unit has a battery disconnect, it would be a manual switch near the battery OR you would have a switch inside next to the step. IF you have the style that is inside please let me know. Beyond that if the dealer just did the work I would bring it in, if you start to take to many things apart you could void the warranty have seen that before.

The key I think is that the power jack is also not working normally that is wired directly to the battery so if you have good voltage and the polarity is correct it should be working unless there is a breaker or fuse between it.

Breaker...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Guess an appointment needs made
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

I think you have checked everything you could, normally for this type of issue it is going to be a wiring issue, breaker or possibly the converter. Might be best for them to check it out as any issues would be covered under warranty.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, If you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi..... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We are just going to take it back and get everything checked over we have had conversations with dealer
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Understand and that would be best, ***** ***** they document any issues so if you go out of warranty and have a problem down the road for the same thing it still might be covered out of warranty. My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a positive rating, if you would like a refund please let me know, I am find in whatever you decide.

Robertt