Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a coachman Miranda 2014 with the ford V10. The dash

Customer Question

I have a coachman Miranda 2014 with the ford V10. The dash AC distribution knob is controlled through a vacuum system. Mine is stuck with all air going to the defrost. I notice a black vacuum tube is hanging loose in front of the radiator that I can trace back to the distribution knob.
Can u help
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No problem with AC or heat, it's the distribution of the air, floor, defrost or straight back.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: F350
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No engine check light
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are a total of six vaccine lines going to the dash knob that controls the air distribution. Green and red under the dash to the distribution box. Blue thru the fire wall and to the back of the AC unit. White and yellow under the dash to the front of the distribution box. That leaves the black line thru the firewall that needs to connected, but where?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Ford does not have the vacuum distribution diagram for this since the HVAC is installed by the dealer. I know it may not be much help and I can opt out if its not. The vacuum supply line to the HVAC controls also connects to a vacuum tank under the hood then the tank is connected with another line to the vacuum supply off the engine intake.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thus far what you've provided I am aware of. My question is, where is the vacuum tank. The only place I haven't looked is under the engine cover that sits between the driver and passenger seats.
I too don't want to put up a rating that's not beneficial to all. Why don't u opt out at this time. If something new arises I'll contact u again.

Opting out now

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found the vacuum container, attached the tube, all works.

Thats great news. Glad you got it fixed. Sorry I did not have an image to share.