Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am looking to purchase a Itasca Suncruiser 2006 model 33V.

Customer Question

I am looking to purchase a Itasca Suncruiser 2006 model 33V. Excellent condition with very low miles 19K. Spends 4-5 months a year on TX coast. I noticed extensive rust on the leaf springs and connecting bolts. Additionally on Receiver hitch too. Would these repairs be expensive. Looking for a estimate before I commit to purchase.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Per above comment I am looking to purchase and would have to have current owner of myself should I purchase have an expert repair
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Drivetrain and inside unit is in immaculate condition. Looks new except when viewing some of the rust buildup.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I would not be overly concerned with the rust, it should be able to be treated, sanded off and then some primer and paint put back on them, if you can stick a screwdriver through any of the rusty areas then it would be a bigger concern and the components might need to be replaced, for something like that for new springs and hitch you are looking at around 1500 to 2000 for parts ballpark.... I do not think I would let the rust prevent you from buying this, seems like low miles and it is a good model they make... Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert