Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Dometic refer works on electric but not with propane.

Customer Question

Dometic refer works on electric but not with propane. Igniter would go on and light but only stay on for a couple of minutes. No propane is coming from pipe - is there a magnetic valve control just before the outlet to the burner?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Light - I mean the burner flame
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 98/ gulfstream - ford chassi
JA: What year is your Chassis?
Customer: ford f53 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned things up - new igniter - filled propane tank - checked electrical connections
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: electrical to little black block over the propane tube to burner - seems to be a magnetic valve control - has off and on set screw.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the model of the Dometic??? I should be able to send you a service manual that will allow you to test the gas solenoid....

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
RM3662 --- serial #8020350
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

IF you feel that it is not getting LP click HERE and see page 15 that will show you how to check the solenoid. This is a service manual and should help you troubleshoot this. The circuit board will supply voltage to the solenoid and at the same time the electrode should start sparking, if you have not voltage on the wires to the solenoid when you hear it sparking then the circuit board is at fault. The manual should help you out. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert