gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I had a King Dome installed and did not get my receiver

Customer Question

I had a King Dome installed and did not get my receiver installed until later. The Dome has not been able to lock onto a Satellite. The Directv tech indicated the receiver was working fine, there are no obstructions and apparently the problem is in the Dome. We have followed the instructions on startup in several locations across several states but no response. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer which is 250 miles from where I live?
JA: What year is your IS 250?
Customer: Is the IS 250 the Dome?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have moved the camper to different locations to assure I have no obstructions, and followed the startup instructions. Nothing else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The Dome appears to be searching and the Directv tech indicated it would come close to attaching in to a satellite.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Are you sure it didn't come set up for Dish Network instead of Direct TV? They aren't going to work without a change inside if that happened. Maybe check that and be sure.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will call the RV center tomorrow and ask. Thank you.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

You are welcome! Please get back to me if you need more.