Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Water coming out of ceiling vent / air intake of my Dometic

Customer Question

Water coming out of ceiling vent / air intake of my Dometic AC
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No, how do u I do that
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 Keystone Passport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked outside of action unit for any debris or blockage. All clear. Have to fix myself, I'mean on site in an rv park
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ran a long time last night
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Normally when the AC unit drains any condensation it will go into some drip cups and then it will run on the roof and then down the side of the RV, the drip cups would be under the AC unit. Some will have a clear hose that ties the drip cups together and then has a drain line that goes down below the chassis and drains, so it looks like a T if that line was plugged then the water can find a way in, OR if the drip cups were cracked. I would pull down the interior cover and have a better look see if you can locate the clear hose for the drip cups, some models also use a pump to drain the water.... What is the Model number of the Dometic?