Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Our AC just quit working, tried resetting the thermostat amd

Customer Question

Our AC just quit working, tried resetting the thermostat amd then we lost the front one too. It's not even showing up as a zone, just the 2 is flashing
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No where would we do that?
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried resetting the thermostat as that is where the problem seems to have originated. The bedroom ac cut off and there was a code of E1 f;asjhing. I pulled out the manual and tried to reset the themotat, then the zpone disappeared and we have no ac at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its a cedar creek fifth wheel, wish I had never bought it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

And "E-1" code is a loss of communication error between the A/C and the thermostat. Most of the time, it is just a problem with some dust or moisture on the cable. Try unplugging the cable from the thermostat first and carefully wiping it down on the contact and then put it back in. They try a reset. If you still have no reading, then do that up at the A/C where the cable plugs into the unit. There should be two as there will be a cable to the other A/C as well. Try that and get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........