Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Power awning not working just making a clicking noise,

Customer Question

Power awning not working just making a clicking noise
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Sounds like coming from motor and just started ding this. had prooblem trying to retrack but was able to close but won't open back up
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to fix myself haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sounds like the gears on the motor are bad and the motor would need to be replaced.... What you might want to try is jump DC voltage direct to the motor leads and see if it runs good in and out, if you get the same results the motor will need to be replaced...What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?? Some Dometic awnings did have a recall for the motor failing. Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2014 hyperlite by forest river
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

Going to give that info for you to look at, it applied to 2013 but since you are close click HERE and have a look. I assume you have the model HERE..

What can happen is the gears on the end of the motor are plastic, when they strip out they can cause the clicking noise but you do want to rule out low voltage and jumping the motor direct is the best way.... IT will isolate the wiring in the RV.....

IF that does NOT look like you awning please let me know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Looks like one I have will check seriel,
Number tomorrow
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Yes..... IF you still need more help please let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert