Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I can not get power to switch that operates the slideout on

Customer Question

I can not get power to switch that operates the slideout on a 1999 fifth wheel catilina 245power is leaving battery and past the fuse holder
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Where are you hooking up the battery charger? To the motor directly? Do you have or can you get a small digital multimeter? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. And if you know the brand of your slide hardware that would help here. And if this is a hydraulic system or not?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is mechicanical but I have no power to rocker switch but have power on switch side of fuse
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

How did you test for power to the switch? With a small multimeter or a 12 vDC test light? I take it that this is an all electric slideout here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hooked direct to motor slide is electrical is there a location where a connection is made between the inline fuse and the switch for operating the slide out
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

There may be a module in there, depending on whose slide hardware you have. On older units it can be hard to tell without looking at the motor. What is the name on yours? That would help. Power Gear uses a control module and that may be bad or have a blown fuse IF that is what your unit has. RBW didn't use a module. Neither did early Lippert units. Once we know whose hardware you have we can narrow this down.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........