Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Let someone use my camping and they used the 220 side of the

Customer Question

let someone use my camping and they used the 220 side of the generator, They called me and said they fried their vac. I asked to you have it hooked up to 120 volts 30 amps, there was a moment of silence, I knew something was wrong, I know the microwave display went blank, worried about everything else, going to test the converter first, I do know how to use a meter , but not sure where to start checking everything
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They are clean, and tight, brand new battery
JA: What year is your Volts?
Customer: What year is your Volts? , not sure what your asking. the camper is a keystone 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes going to try to fix it, just trying to figure out a road map for testing everything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

So they hooked up your 30 amp 120 VAC cord to a 220 VAC outlet? Start by getting a small digital multimeter and we can take some reading and track down the damage. It might be confined to just the converter. I need to know the make and model of your load center when you respond.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay I will get you this information later this evening, I do have a meter, still at work at this moment
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

10-4

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........