Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Tiffin allegro bus 2011 43 ft with 3 ac units. front ac unit

Customer Question

tiffin allegro bus 2011 43 ft with 3 ac units. front ac unit will not operate. breaker not tripped. what should i check for
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

The first thing I would check is to see if your load shed panel has it shut off due to too much powrer being used. Be sure that the water heater isn't on AC mode. That would cause this. If you need more let me know and please include the make and model of your A/C and the make and style of your themostat(s) so I know what we are working with here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
air excel thermostate coleman 15000 heat pumps
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wife has motor home out of town i'll be there tomorrow can we follow up then
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do i have to reset in panel and if so were is it located
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
as you see by questions i know little about this motor home bought it 2 weeks ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
water heater is off unit will not run
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok where are you
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay..........took a lunch break. IF the breaker were tripped, then that would be in the main load center. I need to know if this is on the same thermostat as the other two or on another separate one.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all on same thermostat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
zone 1,2,3 zone 1 not working
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Which thermostat do you have? And do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That would be the quickest way to track this down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rvcomfort.zcn. is thermostat I have tester
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rvcomfort.zc
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a load shed device and if so, which one? Most are made by Intellitec, but they have a number of models. And which A/C is in Zone 1? Front, middle or rear? And if you have the part number off the thermostat that would help. They make over a dozen versions. If you look on the back it should have a part number. 4 numbers, a letter, and 3 numbers in most cases. I am just getting ready to go intol town and have breakfast, so it may be an hour or so before I get back to you when I get to my shop. I am in California.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Part number 8330c331
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in gettting back to you.........what about the load shed device? And which A/C is zone 1?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
zone 1 ac 1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
been out of country back now
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Is that A/C the front, the rear or middle unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
front
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Does the thermostat lead go to that unit or the rear unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i,ll have to check motor home 150 miles away for engine service
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Maybe better to do this when you get home and over the phone?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
onan generator issues ? 10000Qd overheating changed coolant and it started overheating now in shop.. thet say i need radiator l,m not sure any thoughts
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

That needs to be addressed in another question. I don't do Onan questions as a rule as we have a good Onan tech who does these.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue since I didn't hear back from you? If not, please let me know and we can sort this out. I will also offer a phone chat option for you in case you feel that would be more helpful here.