Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Last night my AC was running fine this morning I woke up to

Customer Question

Last night my AC was running fine this morning I woke up to an E1 error code. Went to get the Manuel and came back to no power on the thermostat. Now I can't get it to even turn on
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The E-1 code means there is a communication fault between the the thermostat and circuit board on the AC unit. IF the thermostat is not reading at all it could be a bad thermostat, cable or circuit board inside the AC unit. I would start by checking the cable at the back of the thermostat and at the circuit board inside the AC unit, you will see a bunch of wires going to the circuit board along with the cable that plugs into the thermostat. That circuit board can be located in one of two areas, under the plastic shroud inside, you would see a box with a bunch of wires going to it and normally it is on a bracket you can take loose and it will swing down and have an access cover to access the board. Some boards will also have a fuse on them so if you see that you want to check that as well, the other area the board would be is top side on the roof, once again you will see the cable from the thermostat going to it so that is a clue.

Since the thermostat is not turning on at all now check all your fuses in your main fuse box inside, and make sure you have good battery voltage, over 11.5 volts.

IF you can get it to come back on and get the E-1 code try and disconnect all the power for 20 mins, unhook the batteries and unplug from AC power, that is normally the procedure to reset that E-1 code...

Beyond that I would have a shop take a look, they should be able to plug in a test thermostat to see if that is the issue......

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert