Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic RM2807 in a 1995 Newmar motorhome. The AC

Customer Question

I have a dometic RM2807 in a 1995 Newmar motorhome. The AC works very well. The propane will not work. I have cleaned the flue and jet - still did not work. It seemed there was not a spark going to unit. I decided it must be the LP solenoid valve. To find out if it was the solenoid valve, I bypassed it. I can get a continuous (like a pilot light). It still will not work.
What should I try next?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I doubt it is the gas valve if it is NOT sparking, the circuit board will send a signal at the same time to open the gas valve and at the same time allow it to spark. So if it is not sparking could be a bad board, igniter, or electrode, make sure the ceramic on the electrode is not cracked and it is not sparking outside the tip, make sure it is also 1/8- 3/16" above the burner tube.Click HERE and see page 16 for testing the igniter. The manual should help you out some narrowing this down.... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I check if it is a bad board?
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Troubleshooting these is going to be a process of elimination, if you look in the manual I sent there are some voltage checks you can do, also some RV shops will have a "PAL" tester and they can tell if the board is the problem or not. Look the service manual over and do any check you can so you can rule that component out, it will also tell you how to check that gas valve..... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot access the manual. I just get a continous "scanning document".
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

It is a PDF file copy and paste the link below into your browser.....

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/domser.pdf

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, I got the manual this last way.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

There are some checks you can do rule out what you can...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not yet, I have work to do mentioned in the manual. How do I get back later today or tomorrow, or even later?
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

You can just bookmark the page and then return when you are ready. I also will send a follow up in a day or so...

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Maybe I do not understand. I do not want to talk on phone until I have gone through the manual and tried their solutions. After that I may need to talk. How do I do that? I just do not want to spend the additional $26 until I have gone through tests mentioned in manual.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about that, I think the company offers a phone service, just ignore that and respond back here when you are ready....

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tell me how to contact you once this conversation is over.I am not trying to be difficult, but I need to do tests before we talk. Then i may want to talk. I need to leave now and do the tests. You have helped so far but now i need to do some work prior to phone conversation.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

I understand and the company does offer a phone service for an added fee, I do not send that info out to you, the company does. Just take your time and when you are ready respond back with what you have found. I can still help you in this format, IF I do not hear from you in a day or so I will follow up with you... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sounds good. I guess I just leave this file open
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

You should get some type of email when I follow up with you... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if you made any progress on this?

Thanks, Robert