Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have landmark 5th wheel 2013 with 2dometic thermostats one

Customer Question

Have landmark 5th wheel 2013 with 2dometic thermostats one in living area and one in the bedroom. The one in living area is working fine the one in the bedroom is displaying an E1 error code. Have turned off all power to camper several times in hopes to reset system and get rid of E1 error code. This has not worked. Occasionally the bedroom unit attempts to run but shuts almost immediately. What do we do next?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sounds like you have separate thermostats for the AC unit, the E-1 code is a communication fault between the thermostat and circuit board inside the AC unit, so this could be the thermostat, cable or circuit board. Normally what you can do is disconnect the batteries and unplug from shorepower for 20 mins and then hit the zone and mode buttons at the same time to reset the system, if that does not work then one of the components is at fault, I would check the cable where it plugs into the thermostat and at the board on the AC unit, beyond that I might try a new thermostat or find a shop that has a test thermostat to help narrow down the problem. Hope this helps some. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

One thing you might want to try as well is to swap the thermostats and see if the problem changes, if so you know the thermostat is at fault, if the problem remains it has to be an issue with the cable, or circuit board inside the AC unit... Hope this helps.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert