Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have put two new batteries 1 for starting and 1 for cabin,

Customer Question

I have put two new batteries 1 for starting and 1 for cabin , after 14 days both were dead and would not take a charge. Help!!!! Thanks Joe b. Joehbrewster @ Verizon .et
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Are you sure you got the polarity correct when you put them back in? It sounds like there was a problem in that are and now they are shorted out internally and that is why they won't take a charge. Attach a photo of the hookups and maybe I can spot the problem. Use the paperclip icon for that. I will watch for your post. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well as some customers prefer this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The batteries were correctly connected what else could be the problem
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The batteries may have been defective...........that happens more than most people know. OR you have a direct short someplace and that drained them and may have shorted them as well. IF you go to hook up new ones and are sure the polarity is correct on the cables, then watch for a spark when you hook up the ground lead. That is a clue that something is on or shorted out. Then you have to take the fuses out and test for which circuit is causing the problem. Much easier to this kind of thing over the phone.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........