Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The unit quit working about a month ago with electric and

Customer Question

Good morning.
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: The unit quit working about a month ago with electric and has now quit working with gas.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: On the last two tanks of gas, yes it acted like a hog. As far as starting it started as usual.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2013 Starcraft trailer.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Norcold Model N611 (not sure if this is the model, hard t read)
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know if a serial number would help so here it is anyways. Sometimes mid ship they do upgrades and it is noted by serial number. S 16153310
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Do you have an error codes on the lights on the pane flashing? Do you see any power on at all if not?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual which covers this model. Print out a copy so you have it. See the section on error codes and tell me which (if any) you have. That will tell us where to look for the problem. Also check the outside on the rear of the fridge once you open up the outside inspection panel for any sign of yellowish debris around the burner area. That or any ammonia smell would be a sign of cooling unit failure.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........