Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Relay under entry step operated by switch on side of step in

Customer Question

relay under entry step operated by switch on side of step in area. What is the function of this sw itch and when should it be turned on? 1999 gulf stream type C motorhome.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The switch turns off the automatic closing feature so that when you are camping and want the step to remain out it will once that switch is turned on. Otherwise, the step opens and closes every time you open the door. That is hard on the motor and leads to premature failure and wear on the step pivots. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more input from me here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........