Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have the Rv Forest River Charleston diesel pusher. I have

Customer Question

I have the Rv Forest River Charleston diesel pusher. I have 2 ac units. After two days on generator suddenly both units go off however I still have electric. They will then come back on in five minutes or so and stay on for a minute then turn off.In my own trouble shooting I noticed that if I turn one unit off, the one I have on stays on. What could be the issue?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The load shed device you have is sensing that too much power is being used and shuts them off more than likely. I suspect that nothing is wrong with either A/C. Some testing would be needed to verify this. It might be an issue with the genset. Check to be sure you don't have some other heavy AC uses on like the water heater on AC mode. Also keep in mind that the hotter the ambient temps, the more power each A/C will use. These are rated at 95 degrees ambient, but on a hot day that can go up to over 130 degrees AT the A/C and so each one would be drawing another 7 amps of power or 840 watts. Most load shed equipment isn't designed to handle large gensets that are cabable of delivering adequate power for all AC uses. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the material I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?