Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have an Airstream Land Yacht Ambassador circa 73' length

Customer Question

I have an Airstream Land Yacht Ambassador circa 73' length of 27' . I would like to clean and buff the exterior to a mirror shine. What do you recommend, do i need the cyclone and something more than Met-All Aluminum polish? How many hours do you estimate to complete?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You will need to remove the seal coat off the surface first and that is going to take some time. There are a number of products for that. Once you do you can polish the aluminum and re-coat it again. If you don't it will oxidize quickly and all that work will be for naught. This will take quite a few hours and some elbow grease. Not many willing to tackle this and do it right, but more power to you! If you need more on this please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

There are a number of paint strippers out there for this. And as far as the number of hours, that would be just a guess. I doubt you can do this in less than 40 hours and I suspect it wold take more to do it correctly. Hope that helps some here.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the material I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?