Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have removed the carpet and pad ( the carpet and pad were

Customer Question

I have removed the carpet and pad ( the carpet and pad were app. 5/8 " thick)from my36' 1999 tropi-cal made by National RV and am going to install tile that is 6.5mm. the slide out seems to have dropped and the slide supports are to close to the sub floor to allow the tile to be installed without damage to the tile when slide out is being move in or out. I need info. on adjusting the slide out height. I have found adjustments on the outside edge when slide out is extended but don't know if that would help with the problem i am having on the interior. The slide out is 12' and it has 3 nylon? slide supports as far as i can tell.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I can tell you that tile is a bad idea for running a slide out over. Besides the problem with the height, you are going to have problems with the floor flexing and the tiles breaking. You might want to reconsider what you are using. Carpet is the best surface there is for these as it allows the rollers no resistance and nothing scratched or broken and one reason why you see that used almost exclusively under slideouts. Most slide out hardware has no height adjustment on the incoming edge and even if you do you change the distance on the top and the wiper seals may not seal and you would have to find longer ones that work. Expensive and time consuming. Sorry that isn't the best news you hoped to hear, but as a shop owner and someone that has been at this many years and 7 years on this site, I can tell you I am familiar with this issue. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the material I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?