Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am having an issue with my large slide out on my 2005

Customer Question

I am having an issue with my large slide out on my 2005 Bounder. I have already replaced the motor but am getting no voltage to the meter. Last night I found a blown 3amp fuses in the fuse box under the hood. replaced it but no good.
I dont thing that it is a switch issue because the bedroom slide is working just fine. I am sure there is probably a relay or some other componants in the circuit that I have been unable to locate. Can someone help me locate the relays or connectors in my unit. I have checked in all of the usual places, under dash beside steering wheel, under dash beside pedals, in the bedroom, under the steps and of course under the hood.
Vin number is *****
Any help will be appreciated
Ian
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Many times the slideroom will be wired directly to the battery, go to the battery and follow the cables and look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame or inside a battery control box outside, inside that box would be fuses, solenoid and other breakers. The breaker will have two cables on each side and each side should have voltage, if one side does not have voltage then it is the problem. Beyond that I would get a hold of Fleetwood on Monday and they should be able to tell you if there is any other protection between the motor and fuse box. IF it is an all electric motor you should be able to jump power direct with a charged battery to get the room in and out if needed. Below is the picture of the breaker I would be looking for and the contact info for Fleetwood, hope this helps some.... Robert

Breaker.

Technical Support (Fleetwood)(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert