Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Broken pipe is above floor level on the tube side but can

Customer Question

broken pipe is above floor level on the tube side but can not spot the leak. I am taking the plastic rap around to the tube now. Is there a diagram of where the pipes go, shut off valve, etc. I have been employed as a carpenter helper but I know very little about travel trailer construction. My travel trailer is a G-26 Fleetwood Wilderness 1988 model.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

The leak is most likely in a fitting and not the line itself, unless this is one that has the old CPVC lines and then those can be hard to spot. That is the hard yellowish line. The newer lines are gray Pex or similar. So check the fittings for being loose or cracked. If you can attach a photo of the area that is leaking (or where you suspect it) that would help. If this is near the water heater, the tank may have a pinhole lead and is seeping. Hope that helps here. I will also make a phone chat option available for you in case you think that might be more productive.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the material I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?