Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 c7 acert. It's in a class a rv. Engine starts

Customer Question

I have a 2004 c7 acert. It's in a class a rv. Engine starts and idles fine. But I have throttle for first gear it will build boost and hit 2000 rpms. After the shot it feels like it goes into a limp mode or something. There is no power. Hooked it up to a computer and it had a barometric pressure sensor code. So we replaced that, replaced the fuel water separator. It doesn't have a code at all, we can't figure it out.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: It has a 6 spd Allison
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are you getting a check engine light? If so what fault codes are you getting?

i see you have no codes. Sorry about that. Have you checked your fuel pressure with a gauge?

fuel pressure should be between 65 and 85 psi. If low you can have a faulty transfer pump, pressure regulator, or a restriction or leak. Let me know