Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Little black box has red light on,box is gnd is there a

Customer Question

little black box has red light on,box is gnd is there a rest , refrig/ is dead
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: box has clip hooks to cooler pipe
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 discovery, all cool parts where replaced 5 monthes ago it is 1200lkm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked power to unit,checked fuses breaker. never seen this little red light on before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: big storm last night lots of rain and wind, was wet inside
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

That small box with the red light on it is the high limit, when it trips and the light comes on it prevents the fridge from working. Inside that box is a reed switch and many times you can reset it with a strong magnet, once the light goes off the fridge should be back in operation, click HERE and it will explain on how to reset and test that sensor. IF the light does not go off, you can bypass the sensor for testing ONLY to see if the fridge turns ON... You can not leave it bypassed as this is a safety feature... Low voltage can make that sensor go off or if you had a high temp. condition. Hope this helps, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF yo are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert