Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an 2006 artic fox 1140 truck camper. I just tried to

Customer Question

I have an 2006 artic fox 1140 truck camper. I just tried to put the slide in and discovered it seams to be out of square. (it touches on the top left side and has about a 3" gap on the top right. The bottom seams to be in place and level. ???
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I had one in my shop not long ago with that same problem. The only way we could "square" up the opening was to adjust the jacks on at a time. The problem turned out to be a broken frame around the opening of the slide room that allowed the camper to flex. We tried constructing a frame around the opening to support that, but in the end it really didn't correct this. I would contact Artic Fox and ask them for some help or direction. I suspect that the siding would have to be removed at that upper corner and welded and supported internally and then the siding replaced. BTW..........same place as the one we worked on! Just not strong enough the way it was made. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but I do believe that is the problem. Broken underneath in the subframe. Please get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I am adding a link to their site and the Service number. Please let me know what they have to report. I am sure you aren't the first person to report this. IF the problem is quite large, sometimes that is how recalls are started. Then the OEM has to pay for the repairs. I might add that JA has a lot of great attorneys on site and can give you some good advice and help if you need it. http://northwoodmfg.com/service/

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the material I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?