Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I pull my streamlite with my f350 everytime i hook up and

Customer Question

i pull my streamlite with my f350 everytime i hook up and travel it blows the 25 amp fuse in truck that runs the signal lights and the stop lites. not even sure where to start?????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would start by checking the plugs on each side, check the trailer side first, pull the plug and make sure all the wires are tight and not touching or corroded, if a wires was touching another inside the plug it could create a short, I would also check the truck side as well. Make sure the main ground is also clean and tight, then I might check your connectors at the lights or everything on that circuit, make sure all the wires are water tight and not loose. Many times the problem can be at the tow plug it's self.... Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I check everything on truck and it is good, also hooked up to my f150 and it blew fuse also. I have checked the plug on trailer and even replaced for good measure. Disconnected my trailer electric brakes so I could rule that out. Checked connections at rear signal lights all seemed to be good. When I hook up it is good for about half hour everything working then fuse blows. I know I am grounding out somewhere. Is there any way to check wires to see which is grounding out without pulling off all the underbelly of the Rv trailer? Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

The only way to do that is to ohm out each wire with a volt meter, you would need a long jumper wire with alligator clips you would hook one probe to the wire and then clip the other wire to the other probe and then go to where the wire is and touch it and see if you have continuity through the wire.... Robert