Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I was using the air conditioner, it stopped like I tripped a

Customer Question

I was using the air conditioner, it stopped like I tripped a breaker.
I have power coming into the trailer but no power inside the trailer, I have a circuit breaker panel/converter, but I can not seem to find a main breaker if there is one.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I have nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: I believe it's a 2010 or 2011
Dutchman 31.5 DHDS bumper pull
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried resetting the breakers on the circuit panel but still have nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The AC power should come out of the breakers where the converter panel is located. I would verify the source or hookup to another source to make sure it is not the problem. Shut the breakers off, then go unplug for a few mins, plug back in and turn the breakers on one at a time. After you plug back in go around and make sure you did not trip any GFI"S, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside.

Beyond that if you do not have a generator built in the cord will go directly to that breaker panel, and you would need to see if you have voltage at the panel. I would also get a polarity checker and check the polarity of the voltage, most home improvement stores have the checkers for a few dollars, it will tell you if there is a wiring fault, it will plug into the outlets.....

Hope this helps some, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included..... Robert