peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a 2016 Thor Four Winds class c motorhome. When trying

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Thor Four Winds class c motorhome. When trying to level the rv, the front jacks extend all the way down until the rv tires are off the ground. We were told to press "enter" and "retract" together for 5 seconds to reset, but we are still having the same problem. Our LCI control panel does not have the manual and auto buttons like the one pictured in the owner's manual. It has a display screen that will show when it is in the manual mode, but we would like to be able to get the jacks to operate in the auto mode and level the rv on its own. Can you tell me the steps to reset using the unit that we have?
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is not the tires. It is the leveling controls for the jacks.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to reset ourselves, but the info in the owner's manual does not match the control panel in our unit. We tried holding the enter and retract for 5 seconds, but the front jacks still lift the rv too high in the front.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need a step-by-step sequence to reset so the auto leveling will work.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases you may have to contact a dealer to see if there is any special reset procedure on your model here.I have had to do this in the past before for some models.If this was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete