Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an atwood gas/electric in my 2014 Airstream TT. Still

Customer Question

I have an atwood gas/electric in my 2014 Airstream TT. Still heats on gas but doesn't heat on electric...electric just stopped heating
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Can you please get me the Model number of the water heater, should be a sticker located under the outside access panel, most start with a GC and letter and numbers.... Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
GE9EXT
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

That is an odd ball one that uses a mixing valve. IF it heats on LP but not AC power this could be the circuit board relay or Heating element. Click HERE and see page 25, when you turn the switch on you should have DC voltage on the white wire going into the board, then you should have DC voltage on the yellow wire going to the relay, if you have DC voltage on the white wire and nothing on the yellow circuit board is at fault, if you have DC voltage on the yellow wire then it is going to be the relay if you have AC voltage present on the other side of the relay, the relay uses A DC voltage signal from the board to allow the heating element to work. Hope this points you in the right direction, if you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert