gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I recently installed a dometic penguin 2 low profile high

Customer Question

I recently installed a dometic penguin 2 low profile high compasity unit in the bedroom of my rv. I have the ccc2 plugged into one of the rj11 connectors and I have a blank screen and no air. I have the 110v and the 12v plugged in. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

What is the model number of the one you installed? Did you set the dip switches?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All switches are set to off I had an rv tech come out and that's how he set them and told me I had to order a thermostat and all would be good and it's still not working and the people I brought out are not being helpful
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

It can't come on if they are all off! What a dunce! Did they leave an instruction book for you for the unit and thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No sir I ordered the ac unit myself and installed and when I couldn't get it to work I called them out. After it didn't work he told me to use the second rj11 cord for 12v power so I did and the unit came on but still blank thermostat and within seconds the rj11 cord got hot.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Are you sure it was an RJ-11 cord and not a phone cord?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

They aren't interchangeable.....

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

And who is "they" here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sure. I came strait out of the unit with no extension and I had an rj11 cord made for my extension
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

If the cord got hot it has a short and so something is wired up wrong.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Carlsbad New Mexico rv service center
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Not too impressive......

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what do I need to do to fix it
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Get the correct cord(s) first. If you got one hot then it was made wrong. Or else someone shipped you a phone cord instead of an RJ-11 cord. Did you change your mind about a phone chat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to pay any more than I already have and like I said I have plugged the thermostat directly into the rj11 cord coming from the unit so no extra cord is being used at the moment so no possibility of it being the wrong cord. I have the 3 wires from my fuse box color matched to the unit and the red wire from the unit going to 12v + and the small black wire going to the 12v -
The blue and yellow wires coming from unit are not hooked into anything
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I think you may need a good mobile tech to come and check this out. I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something if they can.