Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

How do hook up a 12v marine battery to a Fifth wheel

Customer Question

How do hook up a 12v marine battery to a Fifth wheel Winnebago. The last time I blew the two fuses on my converter.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Are you trying to add a second battery? Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just one battery.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

IF you just have one battery then the main positive cable will go to positive and the ground which should be going to the frame will go to the neg post... IF you have other wires and they are going to a fuse or breaker they will be positive. Make sure the RV is unplugged as well so the converter is not charging, hook up the positive first and then the negative, make sure the negative cable is not resetting on the frame as well. Hope this helps some... Robert