gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Need 2012 Forest River "Sandstorm" owner's manual

Customer Question

need 2012 Forest River "Sandstorm" owner's manual
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought this toy hauler used last winter. The owner's manual that came with it is only for a travel trailer/fifth wheel and has no information about the aux built in Generac4000 and aux 40 gal fuel station. I can't get fuel pump to work using the fuel toggle switch inside unit which has red led light comes on, but pump won't dispense fuel. Tank shows 3/4 full. I toggled emergency fuel shutoff up and down several times. Blew 15 amp fuse (listed as lights) and drained 15 gal of old fuel by syphoning tank. Emailed Forest River- Palo Alto but they emailed back "No tech. books for this unit to public available- take to repair facility. Big "O" help!! I'm wondering if the "toy hauler" manual was ever published or provided for RV owner's. Just need info on tracking down problem for this unit.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is there no answer = no advice?? cause the Forest River repair shop has to work with a repair manual !! >>??
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You would need to get this from Forest River or one of their dealers. Their Customer Service pretty much sucks, so it may take some time. We are Independent Contractors and don't work for Forest River. And I suspect you would need to contact a mobile tech to come out and look at this if you don't want to take it to a shop. I will go ahead and opt out of this on the chance that another tech here may know something that can help. I just didn't want you sitting there wondering why nobody was responding.