Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I own a Rexhall 2001 aerbus and need to replace the water

Customer Question

I own a Rexhall 2001 aerbus and need to replace the water heater and need help in taking the old unit out. There is only a 3" access hole and would like to know how to disconnect the water lines to remove the heater. The access does not allow you to get to the water lines to disconnect. Can you inform me on how to replace?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IS the water heater above the floor line? IF so go inside and see if there is a panel or cabinet that you can remove to get to the back of the water heater, the lines will screw right into the tank on the back side and that is where they need to be disconnected, if your water heater is below the floor line have to get at the lines from the side. I have seen some very poor applications, where you have to lay down and reach to get at the fittings and then try to undo them. IF you can send some pictures of what is on the backside of the water heater I may have some more input for you......

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...