gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 99 holiday rambler. The graywater system drains

Customer Question

I have a 99 holiday rambler. The graywater system drains very slowly. I think the relief valve is not opening far enough. How can I fix it?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: RV has 56000+ miles. I have not noticed any leaks.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to fix my own system. The t-handle looks like it does not pull the plate past the pipe opening.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the sensers show that the tank is full and the shower has standing water.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I would start by checking the roof plumbing vent for wasp's nests. That is the most common cause of this.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

A good cleaning with Happy Camper Exteme Cleaner may help here as well. Available on their website if your local dealer doesn't stock it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a problem with wasps. will try chem treatment. What else can you tell me. how about adjustment of the t-handle wire. How about sending me a diagram of the gray water system?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

There is not really any adjustment as such. The housing may compress over time and need to be replaced. I have no access to plumbing diagrams. Monaco Customer service may have those if you contact them. Let me know if you don't have that information.