Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2007 Navion I'm hooking up a trailer, I get the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Navion I'm hooking up a trailer , I get the left and right turn signals and the tail lights to the trailer. Im not getting the brake lights. im using a 6 to 4 adaptor, I know this worked at one time. I've looked at all the wiring diagrams I can find but i just dont see how the turn signals and brake signals get combined. Is there a relay or fuse or something I should check? even with a tester right at the 6 pin plug I get no brake lights. Any help would be great..
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Do you have an adapter on the tow vehicle that converts the signal from individual brake and turn signals to one signal? That may be the isssue or it may be needing replacement. That can be tested at the converter which is usually up underneath the rear bumper area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I guess that is my question where is this converter on a 2007 Navion. I do not see it anyplace. i'm sure this worked before using a 6 to 4 wire adapter. I dont see it under the bumper. testing right at the factory installed 6 pin plug I get no brake lights.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If the taillight converter is bad you won't. Small black box about the size of a pack of cigs. Wires going in and coming out. The brake lead is usually red.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no i just looked again there is no converter there, the wires go into a bundle that go to the passanger side of the bumper and then go up the chasis. the only places wires go in or out of that bundle are two the lights .. This is on a sprinter chassis. if that makes a difference. the wire diagram here shown nothing. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2006/06_500-ser_wire_151359.pdf between the plug and the lights.. i just dont get how this ever worked.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2006/06_500-ser_wire_151359.pdf
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If the stop and turn signals are separate on the vehicle, then there has to be a converter UNLESS they left it off. Not the first time I would have seen that. Easy enough to add one.